As of this writing, this hasn’t been released in the market but since I happened to pass by Bookware today, I already have a copy. Yes, if you want, you may visit the office to buy first thing Monday morning. Well, as soon as the office opens.
Kiddos, for those who read Ikaw Pala ang Minahal, and wondered if that guy who got jilted has his own story, this is it. Here’s Nick and his lady love, Cielo.
Tomboy raw siya. At girlfriend niya ang magandang babaeng palagi niyang kasa-kasama. Iyon ang alam niyang tsismis na kumakalat sa maliit na subdivision nila. At sa totoo lang, walang pakialam si Cielo roon.
Not until mapadpad sa lugar nila ang guwapong mama na si Nick Ancheta. Biglang bigla, hindi na siya kuntento sa hitsura niya. She wanted to be all woman for him.
Hindi siya sigurado, pero crush na yata niya ang bagong dayo sa lugar nila…
Just some trivia on the story:
* The cover pegs are Tom Hardy and Leloi Arcete. Leloi is my successor as PETA’s Public Relations Supervisor but this isn’t her story, take note. Some things about Cielo are, however, actually based on Leloi’s persona. 🙂
* Nick was supposed to die in Diego’s book. Thanks to Elise Estrella, he has his own story instead. Let me recall our conversation…
EJ : papatayin ko si Nick para walang komplikasyon sa life nila Diego.
EE : wag! sayang! kung ayaw mo sa kaniya, akin na lang. ‘wag mo patayin.
(parang masasamang tao lang talaga kami, ‘no?)
EJ : hmm… sabagay, predictable kasi kung mamamatay siya. at saka oo nga, para may sarili siyang…. (kumunot ang noo, nanulis ang nguso)
EE : (big big smile followed by guffaws of laughter)
* For everyone’s info, this is how we bully each other into creating new plots.
* I posted an excerpt of the book in a previous post. Click here to read.
* There is a quote from the Prologue, a statement which I borrowed from a very dear friend. Here, read:
We should live life without regrets. That’s not so much a statement about our past, as it is about our future. It’s not about not being sorry or not regretting the things we’ve done. We are human and make mistakes. For those, we should be sorry. It’s about carefully considering our choices, taking into account those around us, so we don’t hurt them, or lay to waste what makes our life beautiful. ~ NC
You know who you are. Thank you for lending your words to me. 🙂
Friends, if and when you do get a copy, I hope you enjoy. And feel free to let me know what you think. 🙂