Released February 2016
“Panandaliang aliw lang ang mindset ni Georgianna.
They were just flirting with each other, nothing more. Malinaw iyon sa kanya dahil pareho lang naman silang turista sa Verona, Italy. Pagkatapos ng dalawang linggo, uuwi sila ni Connor sa kani-kanilang mga bansa at magkakanya-kanya ng buhay. Anumang koneksyon ang mamuo sa pagitan nila, panandalian lang iyon.
Ayaw niyang mag-isip ng wagas at dalisay na pag-ibig. Ie-enjoy lang niya ang moment.
Dapat na rin sigurong tigilan na ni Georgianna ang kaiisip na baka si Connor ang hero sa love story niya….”
*** Ebook format available from www.ebookware.ph
TRIVIA (may contain spoilers):
- A friend and I were playing around with puns on ‘in fairness’ and ‘in Fairview’ when he blurted out, “Why not ‘In Fair Verona’ so it sounds a bit more posh?” And then we went on to talk about a girl (the heroine) who was vacationing in Verona and meets a guy there who owned a shop. The shop owner (personified by this friend) would be instrumental in bringing the heroine and hero together. And that’s how the story began.
- The bigger inspiration for the plot came from the television series Covert Affairs (starring Piper Perabo) and another one, I think it was How I Met Your Mother, about meeting someone while vacationing but not giving out real names and shizz, so both parties end up wondering how to get in touch with the other because they apparently like each other more than they should and… yep. There.
- This story is my tribute to Paul Walker. I was going to name the heroine after a friend but Elise Estrella, when I told her about this, blurted out, ‘Ipinamigay mo si Paul?’ She sounded so upset with me (even via text, mind you) that I thought about it again and said, ‘Oo nga, how stupid of me.’ So there. Paul and Georgianna. 😉
- I have never been to Verona. Whatever I know of it, whatever I had written, I discovered by watching walking tours on YouTube, reading several web entries, asking my aunt (who has been there) and studying Google Maps for approximate distances between places. I hope I did justice to the place.
- This story made me want to go to Verona. Maybe next year. Chos!
- This is my 31st book under My Special Valentine since I began writing for them in 2003.