* reblogging from http://blog.buqo.ph/a-book-for-an-ebook-project
The Manila International Book Fair (MIBF 2015) started out as an event for the publishing industry and the academe has now evolved to one of the most-awaited exhibitions for all sorts of readers.
MIBF’s goal is to spread the love for reading among the Filipino public. It acts as a venue where publishers and industry professionals meet together and engage with readers.
That is also the reason why we exist — to act as a bridge between readers and publishers / authors.
After almost two years of being in business, we, at Buqo, want to stay true to our mission. We want to make a difference.
At the 36th MIBF, 16 to 20 September at the SMX Convention Center, MOA Complex, Pasay City, we will launch #ABookForAnEBook. This is a book drive that has been percolating in the backburner for while. Now, it has become a reality.
You donate a book and get an eBook in exchange. It’s that simple!
To join #ABookForAnEBook, all you have to do is drop by our booth at the MIBF, leave your book(s), and get your eBook(s).
The donated books will be given to a chosen library (we have identified certain libraries and will finalize before MIBF starts).
And to show our appreciation, we will be giving an eBook bundle in exchange for every book you donate. You will have 19 bundles to choose from. These bundles all came from the workshops we sponsored.
- #buqosteamyreads – 5 bundles.
- #buqoYA – 5 bundles.
- #JustWritePH – 5 bundles.
- #StrangeLit – 4 bundles.
(Updates will be posted in the next couple of days so you can view which bundles you can avail of. For now, feel free to search them on our website).
- We are at Booth 419, located at Hall 1 of the SMX Convention Center.
- There will be people from our team who will be manning the booth. Just approach any one of us to assist you so you can get your eBook bundles.
- The eBook bundles are only accessible through our app, buqo (available on both iOS and Android devices).
Want to support our cause? Donate a book or two that you haven’t opened in a while. Follow the hashtag #ABookForAnEBook on social media. Share this with your friends and family.